Matteo Zoccolo is a research-based conceptual artist currently interested in questions of (non-)representation, relational art, sound as political tool, orientalism and post-colonial studies. He lived in Jerusalem for the past year and developed there a critical thinking about the production and use of images, also regarding postmodernist theories and the Palestinian-Israeli struggle.
He is now exploring alternatives to documentary practices, especially focusing on sound, participatory practices and performance.
- Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design (Jerusalem), Department of Photography, 2019-2020
- unibz - Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Italy), Faculty of Design and Art, Major in Art, 2017-2021
- high school of applied sciences and computer science (Italy), 2013-2017
- Junction, Maqam En-Nabi Musa (Jerusalem), 2020
- REPLICA - Italian artist's book archive, Villa Vertua Masolo (Nova Milanese, Italy), 2019
- GOG, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Italy), 2019
- Kiniko, curated by Anomalìa, Pergine Festival (Italy), 2018